Effective Date: 01/07/2015
Tidemark has received TRUSTe's Privacy Seal signifying that this privacy statement and our practices have been reviewed for compliance with the TRUSTe program viewable on the validation page available by clicking the TRUSTe seal.
The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site, www.tidemark.com and our services and does not cover information that may be collected through our mobile applications.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact TRUSTe at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Tidemark complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Tidemark has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Tidemark’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Information Collection and Use
We collect the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
We also collect the following information from you
- Information about your business such as company name
We use this information to
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
1. Information Sharing
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities and/or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Tidemark is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so
2. User Access and Choice
Please note that users cannot update previously submitted information. If your information (such as your email address) should change, we ask that you re-submit a request form. If you would like us to delete your information please contact Customer Support at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our marketing communications, we will use your email address to send the marketing communications to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, by clicking here or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email address that you provide within the unsubscribe link or via email is the only email that we will unsubscribe.
3. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Tidemark and our service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
- Log Files - As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
- Local Storage – HTML5/Flash Cookies - We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here:
- Re-Targeting - We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here) Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Sensitive information such as user name and password used during log in is transmitted over the internet by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com.
5. Additional Information
Links to 3rd Party Sites
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Tidemark stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this information from our database.
Social Media Widgets
Changes To This Policy
6. Contact Us
3200 Bridge Parkway
Redwood City CA 94065
+1 650 779 5160
Service Provider Collection/Use:
Tidemark collects information under the direction of its Clients, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes.
We collect information for our clients, if you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the client that you interact with directly.
Service Provider, Sub Processors/Onward Transfer
Tidemark may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our Clients
Access to Data Controlled by Our Clients
Tidemark has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Tidemark’s Client (the data controller). If requested to remove data we will respond within 30 days.
Tidemark will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Tidemark will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.